1.09.2012

Rock it

It's no secret I love color.  So when I think of ways to bring natural elements into a space without taking away color I go right to using polished rocks, geodes and agate. 

Just look at the ways you can add color AND natural elements into a design or your wardrobe



Alison's DIY agate lamp
my own rock pulls

beautiful natural lamp in this Chad Eisner bedroom

(from House Beautiful photo by Dominique Vorillon)


ring

LOVE the idea of putting something besides wood in a fireplace.
(John Loecke)

add sparkle to any bookshelf with these Geode Bookends 
(as shown on Sequins and Stripes)

Agate Ice bucket from Knight Moves

Matthew Studios Agate Lamp with matching finial

Matthew Studios table- holy HOTNESS!

love the agate sconces in this Lauren Stern
(and check out that art by Nicole Cohen)

Agate counter top from Apartment Therapy

I'm obsessed with these DIY knobs from Christina at Full House

A geode inspired wedding by Kate Miller Events


agate coasters add sparkle to a side table


I love all of these- I think its time to bring some more colorful, natural elements into my family room!

10 comments:

Jessie said...

I am loving all the agate. What a fun idea for a wedding place setting.

bluehydrangea said...

So much good stuff!! the ring, the tables, the sconces!! I want it all!!

Shorely Chic said...

those bookends - gasp!

Chic Coles said...

These are stunning! I am obsessed with agate pieces!

Jordan - Queen of LA! said...

i love reading your blog because i LOVE color too! and i have really been into agate lately too... i found some amazing bookends at homegoods, of all places.

great post!

LindsB said...

Jordan, I've seen some there too! I think they were something like $14.99 each- you totally cant beat that price!

Sam said...

The blue and brass Matthew Studios table is too good to be true!

Laurie said...

Too much good stuff, but I really like your rock pulls!

meghan said...

Stella & Dot just came out with a stone neckace yesterday that I really love. I'm just wondering if this stone trend will be short lived and if I will regret having a big statement necklace with it...

LiveLoveDIY said...

Thank you for such great inspiration! I love the blog and have it bookmarked as a favorite! Keep up the good work! :)